Making Connections Walsall have partnered with The Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country to deliver two FREE “health and well-being in nature” courses for older Walsall residents experiencing loneliness or isolation.
Our first program begins the 15th May 2019 at Walsall Arboretum, every Wednesday morning 10am – 1pm. Refreshments provided.
If you work with, or know someone who could benefit from this free opportunity please share the attached flyer. Alternatively if you know someone who works or volunteers with elderly people in Walsall please share this widely with them! Anyone interested should either call Emma Sargent on 0121 523 0094 or email Emma.T@bbcwildlife.org.uk for more information and to sign up.
Please note: This course is designed for more active residents able to walk 1 -3km, our second program at Palfrey Park in the Summer is designed for less mobile residents wanting to get out into nature.
- Get involved in accessible nature walks
- Learn about wildlife in Walsall with tailored talks
- Create homemade wildlife homes to be put in gardens
- Learn the best ways to encourage wildlife and nature into their lives
- Meet new people and develop new friendships